This website is specifically tailored to high school philosophy clubs, but everyone, regardless of high school affiliation, is encouraged to join and participate in the conversations and debates. An account is not required to participate in the primarily philosophical discussions, but hey, why not join the club for all of them, like the most heated of the debates in the members-only section.
This website is specifically tailored to high school philosophy clubs, but everyone, regardless of high school affiliation, is encouraged to join and participate in the conversations and debates. An account is not required to participate in the primarily philosophical discussions, but hey, why not join the club for all of them, like the most heated of the debates in the members-only section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The content expressed on this page is not necessarily the opinion of the staff or administration of FVHS and is not always monitored by the FVHS administration

HomeA Gossamer Memory I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
What discussion are you looking forward to the most?
 Addiction
 Afterlife
 Anarchy
 Beyond the Universe
 Candy
 Communism
 Eurovision
 Free Will
 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 Hitler
 Honor Crimes
 Ira
 Peace
 the System
 Suicide
 Zombies
 Other (Please describe in your post)
View results
Latest topics
» Responsibility
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 pm by Key

» Who Should Be Emperess of the World
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:27 pm by Key

» What do you think of Andrew?
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:26 pm by Key

» How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm by Key

» What is the best quality a person can possess?
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm by Key

» What If I"m the Only Person in Existence
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:56 pm by Key

» 2-17-11 possible topic for next week!
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 pm by komalram

» Best cookie flavor?
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 pm by komalram

» What discussion(s) are you looking forward to the most?
A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:04 pm by AsterUchiha

A Gossamer Memory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

A Gossamer Memory Empty
PostSubject: A Gossamer Memory   A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 pm

I thought about this after something that happened today. My dad was repairing a broken bulb and I asked why it broke. I had guessed it was a heat-wave but confessed that it was a dream. He said it was a heat-wave, and that kind of scared me. Not so much the prediction because I remembered then he told me about it before, but because of the fact it was so vague a memory i thought it was a dream. And it might have been.

A memory and a dream can both be extremely vivid or foggy and vague. And while some dreams are impossible, many other dreams have certain events that could have happened. How do you know what was a memory or a dream that somehow made its way into your memories. Recently, even before that, I have not been able to discern sometimes. This is completely under the assumption that life exists as most assume it to.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://philosophyclub.forumotion.net
Ira
Admin
Ira

A Gossamer Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gossamer Memory   A Gossamer Memory I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 pm

I think that, as entities of thought, dreams and memories are closely intertwined. When it comes down to it, our dreams are really just made up of a whole bunch of memories, only they're rearranged so that most of the time, we don't recognize them as memories. Also, what we take from our dreams is the memory of their occurrence, so in a way, dreams are memories and memories are dreams.
Back to top Go down

A Gossamer Memory
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Discussions Area :: The Philosophical-
Jump to: