This website is specifically tailored to high school philosophy clubs, but everyone, regardless of high school affiliation, is encouraged to join and participate in the conversations and debates. An account is not required to participate in the primarily philosophical discussions, but hey, why not join the club for all of them, like the most heated of the debates in the members-only section.
This website is specifically tailored to high school philosophy clubs, but everyone, regardless of high school affiliation, is encouraged to join and participate in the conversations and debates. An account is not required to participate in the primarily philosophical discussions, but hey, why not join the club for all of them, like the most heated of the debates in the members-only section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The content expressed on this page is not necessarily the opinion of the staff or administration of FVHS and is not always monitored by the FVHS administration

HomeResponsibility  I_icon_mini_portalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
What discussion are you looking forward to the most?
 Addiction
 Afterlife
 Anarchy
 Beyond the Universe
 Candy
 Communism
 Eurovision
 Free Will
 Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 Hitler
 Honor Crimes
 Ira
 Peace
 the System
 Suicide
 Zombies
 Other (Please describe in your post)
View results
Latest topics
» Responsibility
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 pm by Key

» Who Should Be Emperess of the World
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:27 pm by Key

» What do you think of Andrew?
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:26 pm by Key

» How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm by Key

» What is the best quality a person can possess?
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:00 pm by Key

» What If I"m the Only Person in Existence
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:56 pm by Key

» 2-17-11 possible topic for next week!
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 pm by komalram

» Best cookie flavor?
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:58 pm by komalram

» What discussion(s) are you looking forward to the most?
Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:04 pm by AsterUchiha

Responsibility

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ira
Admin
Ira

Responsibility  Empty
PostSubject: Responsibility    Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Ok, so when someone does something really bad there's a lot of things they might say to explain why they did it. Here are a few common ones:
1. I was drunk.
2. I was high.
3. I was having a really bad day.
4. I wasn't thinking clearly.
5. I was abused as a child.
6. I was off my meds.
7. They were provoking me.
8. They would've done the same in my situation.
9. They were talking shit about my mother.
10. It was self-defense, I tell you!
But would any of the above scenarios justify doing something bad? And if so, then how bad? And if not, then what situation would?
Back to top Go down
quwoosh
Admin
quwoosh

Responsibility  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Responsibility    Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 am

Personally, I think that people are completely responsible for what they do while under the influence, because it was their choice to do that stuff in the first place, and if they aren't prepared for the consequences or aren't able to control themselves while on whatever it is that they took, they just shouldn't do it to begin with.
For all the other options you listed, it really depends on the situation, and unfortunately I'm too lazy to type all that out right now...
Back to top Go down
Key

Key

Responsibility  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Responsibility    Responsibility  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Responsibility is the self imposition of rules based on a system of morals set by society. I remembered that from my driving school's website. so a persons responsibility in society is to follow their role in society and accept the consequences of breaking the rules in society..just so that society continues to function. responsibility may be based upon rules that r not necessarily right or ideal for a one person, but the rules r usually ideal for the general people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Responsibility  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Responsibility    Responsibility  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Responsibility
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Discussions Area :: The Philosophical-
Jump to: